GRASSY. TART. NUTTY UNDERTONES.
YOUR DESERT ISLAND SPICE MIX.
We're convinced that our za'atar transforms every dish from ordinary to epic. Za'atar is an alluring, ancient Middle Eastern blend with a fascinating history and many regional variations in Levantine cuisine.
This blend is inspired by the verdant, ancient hills, valleys and rivers of the Galilee region in the north of Israel and its incredible cuisine. Discover the classic za'atar recipe with just the right balance of grassy thyme, herbaceous marjoram, lemony sumac, toasted sesame seeds and fine sea salt.
A super versatile everyday blend that's both delicious and rich in anti-oxidants, thanks to its thyme base. Za'atar really shines as a rub for roasted chicken, grilled fish or lamb, or sprinkled over roasted vegetables - the options are endless. Once you've tried it, you'll wonder where it's been all your life.
Savoury, bright and herby with lemony, floral undertones and nutty, woodsy accents. The base is premium thyme mixed with just the right amount of tangy sumac for that tart sensation, sweet marjoram, a touch of sea salt and a good dose of toasted sesame seeds.
- Combine with extra virgin olive oil and some lemon juice, garlic and fresh thyme or rosemary (or both!) to make a delectable rub for grilled chicken, roast lamb or baked white fish fillets.
- Scatter over any roasted vegetables (works wonders on cauliflower, broccolini or potatoes) with some olive oil and mix well before sliding into the oven.
- Toss into freshly made couscous with a good squeeze of lemon and a some olive oil. Fluff and serve.
- Sprinkle over scrambled, fried or poached eggs.
- Scatter over smashed or sliced avocado, labneh or feta cheese, a plate of humous or a simple tomato salad with a drizzle of olive oil and some lemon juice.
- Use as a fabulous salt substitute and add a lovely savoury touch to salad vinaigrettes.
Thyme*, Sumac*, Sea salt, Marjoram*, Sesame seeds.
* Certified Organic
Middle East, Israel, Lebanon, Syria, Jordan
|Made with love in Australia from local & imported ingredients|
|Certified Organic Ingredients|
|Vegan & vegetarian friendly|
|No artificial colours, flavours, additives or preservatives|
$9.95 Flat Rate Express Shipping. Free Shipping Over $100.