Turkish Aleppo Pepper
FRUITY, MELLOW & SWEET CHILLI WITH CITRUS & SUN DRIED TOMATO NOTES.
THIS IS THE SPICE YOU WON'T BE ABLE TO LIVE WITHOUT.
Say hello to your new flavour buddy. This mild chilli originates from South and Central America but is nowadays cultivated in Syria and Turkey (where Aleppo Pepper is also known as "Pul Biber" or "Marash Pepper").
Traditionally used in Middle Eastern and Mediterranean cuisines to flavour grilled meats, this versatile chilli is used by celebrity chefs and home cooks and admired for its complexity and depth of flavour.
Aleppo pepper elevates grilled fish and seafood, roasted vegetables, stews, soups, cooked eggs and anything in between. A great salt-substitute and so much more complex in flavour than mundane chilli flakes. The coarse red crimson flakes make it ideal for finishing dishes as well as using during cooking to enhance anything that needs a bit of a flavour kick. One thing's certain - once you've tried Aleppo Pepper you'll never look back.
A very mellow chilli that is a bit sweet and has a citrusy, peppery aroma with notes of sun-dried tomato. It's coarse flakes are a bit oily and it'll add a warm mildly spicy flavour to any dish.
- Sprinkle over grilled seafood or fish (think fried calamari or grilled prawns)
- Scatter over vegetables and mix with olive oil before roasting.
- Delicious as a rub for chicken or lamb or add to minced meat to make meatballs or kebabs.
- Great with vegetables and bean stews.
- Sprinkle over sliced mango.
- Add to chocolate desserts instead of normal chilli.
- Sprinkle over pizza or add to pasta sauces.
Made with love in Australia from imported ingredients
Vegan, vegetarian & paleo friendly
No artificial colours, artificial flavours, additives, fillers or preservatives
$9.95 Flat Rate Express Shipping. Free Shipping Over $100.