SMOKY & RICH CHILLI WITH MELLOW HEAT & COFFEE CHOCOLATEY NOTES.
SULTRY, INTRIGUING & COMPLEX.
GREAT WITH ROASTED ROOT VEGETABLES AND BRAISED MEATS.
Urfa Chilli (aka "Urfa Biber" or "Isot Pepper") is an alluring dried Turkish chilli that's just perfect for autumnal dishes like roasted root vegetables and braised meats. It originates from a unique type of red chilli pepper (similar to poblano) that is harvested and left to dry naturally in the sun to develop its unique dark burgundy colour. Farmers then cover it overnight with fabric to keep it from drying entirely and preserve some of its natural oils. Urfa's unique texture and remarkable depth of flavour make it such a tremendous spice that's adored by chefs and can be used as a finishing spice as well as in cooking to lend food that special oomph.
Urfa chilli has an intriguing salty, spicy, smoky and a bit sour flavour with hints of raisins and chocolate. It doesn't overwhelm or overpower a dish but leaves a lingering pleasant heat with plum and cacao undertones.
- A versatile chilli that's a great alternative to the hotter Mexican variety.
- Great sprinkled into meat or poultry stews during cooking.
- Scatter over root vegetables and mix in with olive oil before roasting (sweet potato, celeriac or parsnips)
- Add to roasted or fried eggplant.
- Mix into greek yoghurt for a satisfying dip for roasted or raw vegetables.
- Serve on a cheese board next to chutneys for sprinkling over all kinds of mellow cheese.
- Sprinkle over oily white fish instead of salt.
Turkish Urfa Chilli.
|Made in Australia from local & imported ingredients|
|Vegan, vegetarian & paleo friendly|
|No artificial colours, flavours, additives or preservatives|
$4.95 flat rate express shipping over $50. Free Shipping over $100.