Rose Harissa | North African Spice Blend
BOLD, SPICY & EARTHY. NOTES OF ROSE, CHILLI & CUMIN.
THIS IS YOUR DREAM FLAVOUR BOMB.
Harissa is a North African chilli paste loved by cooks from Morocco to Tunisia and widely used in the Middle East as well. This blend is a tribute to the classic harissa recipe (and is a powdered version) which usually involves roasted chillis, red capsicum, caraway seeds and coriander seeds. We've made ours a bit fancy with a floral addition of rose petals and a herbaceous touch of mint to balance the pungency of African chillis and green jalapeños.
Rose Harissa is super versatile - pair with fish fillets or grilled prawns, add to soups and stews, marinate grilled chicken or roasted lamb, boost roasted vegetables, uplift pasta sauces - you get the idea. Either way, you'll be hooked.Flavours
Pungent, spicy and hot with rose petals and mint notes to cool the heat.Great with
- Mix with olive oil, garlic and some lemon juice to make a lovely marinade for roast chicken, lamb roast or roasted fish fillets (great with salmon or barramundi, grilled, fried or roasted).
- Uplift hearty stews and soups by scattering a few teaspoons during cooking or adding to onions and olive oil when searing the meat.
- Boost your roasted vegetables - scatter over roasted carrots, sweet potatoes or any root vegetables and drizzle generously with olive oil. Mix well, then slide into the oven.
- Rub some Rose Harissa on corn before grilling (with some butter or olive oil).
- Magical with eggs - especially braised or scrambled or sprinkled into your shakshouka sauce during cooking.
- Pair with tomato based pasta sauces for a spicy twist.
- Dilute in yoghurt to make a spicy dip for grilled meats or roasted veg.
- A natural choice for koftas/meatballs and even fritters.
- Scatter over roasted crispy chickpeas, roasted eggplant or carrot & ginger soup.
Chilli flakes*, Green Jalapeño, Cumin Seeds*, Coriander Seeds*, Caraway Seeds*, Mint*, Rose petals*.
North Africa, Morocco, Algeria, Tunisia, Libya.
|Made in Australia from local & imported ingredients|
|Made with Certified Organic ingredients & Salt Free|
|Vegan, vegetarian & paleo friendly|
|No artificial colours, flavours, additives or preservatives|
$9.95 Flat Rate Express Shipping. Free Shipping Over $100.