Serves: 2 | Cooking time: 10 mins | Difficulty: Super easy
Avocados are incredibly nutritious and packed with fiber. Thankfully, smashed avocado on toast is an Aussie breakfast staple so you don't have to venture very far to find an awesome version of this delightful dish. But it's so ludicrously easy to make at home. And great as an easy dinner or light lunch. But the best part - it takes less than 10 minutes to pull together! Grab a few ripe avocados, freshly baked sourdough and our Smoked Chilli Salt and enjoy the creamy texture, toasted bread and chilli zing. The mint and feta make this a real treat but you can dispense with either, if preferred. Also yummy with fried or poached eggs, if you've woken up hungry.
- Smoked Chilli Salt blend
- 1-2 large ripe avocados
- Olive oil
- 1 tablespoon of freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh mint (optional)
- 1/4 cup feta (crumbled)
- 1 lime
- Sourdough bread, 4 slices
- Smash the avocado with a fork to form a paste. It can be as smooth or as chucnky as you like.
- Add the lemon juice and mint and stir to form a paste. Then add the feta and mix.
- Toast the bread and spread the avocado mix on top. Sprinkle Smoked Chilli Salt to your liking. Serve with a lime slice to squeeze.