Serves: 4 | Cooking time: 1 hour 20 mins| Difficulty: Too easy
Transform the humble carrot into a flavour-loaded delicacy with a sprinkle of our Black Smoke spice blend to add mildly spicy, smoky flavours with notes of paprika, coriander and smoked salt.
Carrots are rich in anti-oxidants, fiber, vitamins and minerals. This is an easy way to eat healthy without compromising flavour. Great with all kinds of grilled or roasted meat (try with pork chops, beef steak, white fish fillets or grilled chicken) or enjoy on its own with a drizzle of tahini.
- Black Smoke spice blend - 2 tablespoons
- 750g mixed colour dutch carrots, leaves chopped (leave unpeeled)
- 6 large cloves of garlic, unpeeled and left whole
- Olive oil (extra virgin if possible)
- Juice of 1 orange
- 2-3 rosemary sprigs and 2-3 thyme sprigs, leaves picked and roughly chopped
- Sea salt & black pepper
- Pre-heat the oven to 220c.
- In a large pot, place the carrots in enough water to cover them with a pinch of salt. Boil for 15 mins until tender. Drain and transfer to a large roasting tray.
- Add seasoning to the carrots: around 2 tablespoons of Black Smoke, a generous lug of olive oil, garlic, herbs and orange juice. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Mix well so the carrots are covered in the marinade. Roast for around 30 minutes until fully cooked through and nicely golden on the outside. Serve immediately with your favourite main.