Serves: 8 | Cooking time: 30 minutes | Difficulty: Super Easy
This corn on the cob is delicious and so simple to make. Just rub with an incredible butter infused with Smoked Chilli Salt, fresh thyme and zesty lime and grill for 20 minutes. The corn will burst with just the right amount of smoky, salty, spicy flavours balanced by the tanginess of lime. The butter can also be melted over the warm grilled corn as you tuck in. Great as a BBQ side next to grilled meats or a weeknight meal the whole family will love.
- Smoked Chilli Salt, 1 teaspoon
- 8 fresh sweet corn on the cob, cleaned and husks removed
- 2 limes
- 1/2 cup / around 100g softened butter
- A small bunch of thyme (or rosemary, or both!), leaves picked and finely chopped
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Pre-heat grill to high. Grill the corn for around 20 minutes, turning regularly every 5 minutes or so to ensure it evenly cooks on all sides. If you'd like to rub some lime chilli butter on the corn during grilling, for added flavour, add the butter around 15 minutes in (to be grilled for around 5 minutes).
- To make the butter, in a medium mixing bowl, combine the softened butter, thyme leaves, zest from half a lime, the juice from a whole lime, some black pepper to taste and 1 teaspoon of Smoked Chilli Salt and mix well to form a paste. Ensure the butter is softened at room temperature as if it is still too cold it will be harder to combine with the other ingredients. Rub the corn all over with a thin layer of butter for the last 5 minutes of grilling or serve butter in a small serving dish, to be melted over the grilled corn.
- Serve immediately with a few lime wedges to garnish and the lime, chilli and herb butter on the side.