Serves: 4 | Cooking time: 30 mins | Difficulty: Easy
Mezze is at the heart of middle eastern and mediterranean hospitality. It's a wonderful way to snack and get the appetite going with a glass of nice wine and good company. Here's how to use our Galilee Za'atar blend in 3 awesome ways that will wow your guests. You'll never want to use those dull dips or humdrum cheese platters from the supermarket ever again. And the best part: no cooking required. Just a few small plates and off you go!
- Galilee Za'atar
- Good quality plain humous
- Olive oil (extra virgin)
- 20g pine nuts
- fresh pitta breads
- 1 punnet of cherry tomatoes, sliced in half
- 1 large avocado, chopped into bite sized cubes
- 220g baby bocconcini, drained and torn in half
- Balsamic vinegar
- Danish feta cheese
- quality crackers
- Kalamata Olives
- Pistachios or your favourite nuts mix
- Sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Pre-heat the oven on 200c and place the pine nuts on a small baking sheet. Roast the pine nuts for around 2-3 minutes until golden but be careful not to burn them. To make a classic middle eastern humous plate, grab a medium sized round plate and scoop a few spoonfuls of humous onto the plate. Use a tablespoon in circular motion as you hold on to the plate to spread the humous from the centre of the plate outwards until you make a small crater in the centre of the plate and the humous is evenly spread on the plate edges. Drizzle some quality olive oil in the centre and sprinkle Galilee Za'atar to taste. Then sprinkle the roasted pine nuts on top of the humous.
- To make the tomato, avocado and bocconcini salad, place the bocconcini, cherry tomatoes and avocado in a small deep plate. Drizzle some olive oil and sprinkle some Galilee Za'atar. Add Salt and pepper to taste and toss it all together.
- To make a feta and crackers plate simply place a few feta cubes on a plate by the crackers and sprinkle some Galilee Za'atar on top with a drizzle of olive oil.
- Serve with the olives, nuts and warm pitta bread (each on a separate small plate or bowl).