Serves: 8 | Cooking time: 1 hour 20 mins| Difficulty: Easy
These lemony potatoes are loaded with flavour and will make a delicious side kick for grilled chicken, roasted lamb or fish. Just throw all the ingredients into the oven and let the magic happen.
Galilee Za'atar adds herbal, zingy notes and pairs beautifully with the lemony, garlicky flavours, the crushed rosemary leaves and olive oil. Crunchy on the outside and creamy on the inside, these roast potatoes are the bomb and will undoubtedly be a family favourite.
- Galilee Za'atar spice blend - 2 tablespoons
- 1Kg baby potatoes
- 4 large cloves of garlic, unpeeled
- Olive oil (extra virgin if possible)
- 2-3 rosemary sprigs, leaves picked and roughly chopped
- Sea salt & black pepper
- Pre-heat the oven to 200c. Meanwhile, wash the potatoes and chop in half (or leave whole if preferred). Parboil them for 10-15 mins until they start to soften. Let the potatoes steam dry for 1 minutes. Then throw in a large frying pan with some olive oil and toss for 3-5 minutes until they are golden on the outside.
- In a large roasting tray, place the potatoes, garlic, rosemary leaves and Galilee Za'atar. Drizzle olive oil generously and mix it all together so that the potatoes are all covered in the herb and spice marinade. Season with some salt and pepper to taste.
- Roast for 45-60 mins until the potatoes are cooked through and golden on all sides. Serve warm with grilled chicken, roast lamb, beef or fish.