Serves: 4 | Cooking time: 30 mins | Difficulty: Super Easy
This easy vegetarian pasta is satisfying, flavour-loaded and packed with wholesome ingredients. Great as a spring or summer dinner when you crave something light and delicious. Finish with an effortless sprinkle of Aleppo Pepper magic to add a bit of heat and food's on the table in a zippy 30 minutes!
- Sprinkle's Turkish Aleppo Pepper, 2 tbsp
- 500g spaghetti or linguine
- 300g broccolini, trimmed and florets separated
- 1 large garlic head, cloves peeled and finely sliced
- 200g/1 cup pitted kalamata olives
- 200g Australian-style feta, crumbled
- zest of 2 lemons (about 1-1.5 tbsp) plus a couple of lemon wedges to garnish
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Sea salt & freshly ground black pepper
- Bring salted water to a boil in a large sauce pan. Add pasta to the boiling water and cook in accordance with the pack's instructions.
- In a large frying pan, heat a couple of tablespoons olive oil. Fry the sliced garlic in warm oil until it begins to soften and become translucent for 5-8 mins (but don't let it brown). Remove pan from the heat and set aside.
- When you have 3-4 mins left for the pasta to cook, return the pan with the garlic to medium-high heat. Add the broccolini and stir fry for a couple of minutes until it begins to cook and soften, stirring frequently. Turn the heat off when the broccolini is crisp and cooked through (this will take around 3 mins depending on size).
- When the pasta is ready, use thongs to remove from the saucepan and mix with the broccolini in the frying pan. Add a couple of tablespoons of pasta water and toss to combine. Add a generous glug of olive oil and stir through the pasta.
- Add the olives, lemon zest, Aleppo Pepper and feta. Toss to combine. If the pasta seems a little dry add more pasta water (up to 1/2 a cup) as required. Season with sea salt and black pepper to taste.
- Serve immediately with a scattering of Aleppo Pepper and the lemon wedges to garnish (a quick squeeze of lemon will really lift the flavours!).