Serves: 4 | Cooking time: 1 hour | Difficulty: Easy
Get ready for some serious flavour! This is one of the easiest one-tray bakes that's so delicious and filling it's become a regular on our weeknight rotation, although it's also great as a dinner party main because it's such an impressive dish (and only requires one tray!). The robust marinade owes its punch to our Rose Harissa spice blend mixed in with a bit of sweet paprika, preserved lemons, olive oil and garlic. YUMMY! For when you just want something speedy and satisfying. Great any time of year.
Rose Harissa, 6-7 tsp
Sweet Paprika, 1 tbsp
Lemon Myrtle Salt (or sea salt)
8 chicken chops, skin on & bone in
3 garlic cloves, finely sliced or crushed
1 preserved lemon, finely chopped
Juice of 1 lemon
1 celeriac, roughly chopped into bite sized chunks
2-3 sweet potatoes, roughly chopped into bite sized- 3cm chunks
A few broccolini bunches (2-3 per person)
Extra virgin olive oil
- In a large mixing bowl, place the sweet paprika, rose harissa, 1/3 cup olive oil, lemon juice, 2/3 of the garlic and preserved lemon. Mix well to form a paste. Add olive oil if it's too thick. The marinade should have a consistency similar to honey, not too thick and not too runny.
- Add the chicken, sprinkle Lemon Myrtle Salt (or sea salt if you don't have it) all over the chicken and mix well to cover all over with the marinade. Cover with cling film and set aside to marinate at room temperature for 30 mins to 2 hours for max flavour. If you marinade for longer than 30 mins, place the chicken in the fridge then bring to room temp before cooking.
- Pre-heat oven to 200C. In a large baking tray, place the sweet potato + celeriac. Spread around the tray, drizzle olive oil generously, sprinkle Rose Harissa and Lemon Myrtle Salt (or sea salt), mix well to cover the vegetables with the spices and olive oil.
- Place the chicken over the vegetables with enough space between each piece. Pour any remaining marinade over the chicken and ensure it's well covered in the seasoning.
- Roast in the oven for 45-50 mins or until the chicken is fully cooked through to your liking and the veggies are tender and caramelised. Baste the chicken in the tray juices every 20 mins or so to keep it moist and juicy.
- While chicken is roasting, place the broccolini in a separate baking tray, add the remaining garlic, a generous drizzle of olive oil and a good sprinkle of Rose Harissa. Mix it all well to cover all over and roast in the oven in the last 7-8 mins. Watch the broccolini as it can overcook fast so take it our of the oven if it's starting to char at the ends. It's best when cooked and still a bit crunchy (not mushy). Cover with foil to keep it warm, and set aside. Remove the chicken from the oven, let it rest for 5 mins and serve immediately with the broccolini on the side. The chicken tray juices are delicious so don't be afraid to pour them over the chicken!