Serves: 4 | Cooking time: 30 mins | Difficulty: Easy
Say hello to a sumptuous, nutritious, flavour-loaded salad you’ll want to have every day whether as a side next to grilled fish or meat or as a meal in itself. Galilee Za'atar adds layers of flavour and plenty of antioxidants. Ready in 25 mins, cheap to make and packed with goodness. You’ll love it! And yes, you add the coriander and parsley to the salad, it’s not just a garnish. Trust us, it’s delish!
- Galilee Za'atar spice blend, 4 teaspoons
- Extra virgin olive oil
- 1 small-ish eggplant
- 20g/small bunch fresh parsley
- 20g/small bunch fresh coriander
- 5-6 radishes
- 1-2 fresh green jalapeño peppers (depending on how spicy you like it)
- a punnet of cherry tomatoes
- 1 large cucumber
- 2 capsicums
- 1 red onion
- 2 salad onions, trimmed
- 1 large lemon, juiced
- Kalamata olives
- Tahini on the side (optional)
- Sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Pre-heat the oven to 220c.
- Chop eggplant into small cubes, place on a small baking tray with a generous drizzle of EVOO, mix well and roast for 20mins or so until the eggplant softens and caramelises and is cooked through. Remove the eggplant from the oven, set aside.
- Finely chop the vegetables and herbs.
- Mix all ingredients in a large salad bowl. Add the lemon juice, olive oil (around 3-4 tbsp) and a generous sprinkle of GALILEE ZA’ATAR.
- Taste and season with sea salt and black pepper to taste.
- Top tip: Don’t be afraid to add plenty of lemon juice and season well with sea salt & za’atar . That’s what makes this salad so so good.
- Serve with some tahini sauce on the side for drizzling over the salad or a square of quality feta (optional).