Serves: 4 | Cooking time: 1 hr + 2hrs marination | Difficulty: Not that hard
Everyone loves roasted chicken and sweet potato wedges. This is a simple traybake recipe with a twist. Our Black Smoke blend will lend the chicken and sweet potato a distinct Deep South vibe and oodles of flavour. Just slide into the oven and let it do all the hard work for you!
- Black Smoke
- 6 chicken thighs (skin off & no bone)
- Olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, peeled and sliced
- 3 medium sized sweet potatoes
- 5 sprigs of thyme, leaves picked
- Sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Pre-heat the oven to 180c. For the chicken marinade, in a mixing bowl, add 4 teaspoons of Black Smoke, 8 tablespoons of olive oil and, the crushed garlic and thyme leaves and add salt to taste. Add the chicken and rub it all over with the marinade. Let the chicken marinate for at least 2 hours or overnight if possible.
- Meanwhile, cut the sweet potatoes lengthwise into thick wedges. Throw the potatoes into a baking tray and drizzle olive oil generously, 2 teaspoons of Black Smoke and salt and pepper to taste. Mix well so that the seasoning and olive oil cover the potatoes on all sides. Place the potatoes on a large baking tray and bake in the oven for 25-30 mins or until crisp on the outside and tender on the inside (test that you can easily insert a fork before removing from the oven but don't let the potatoes become too mushy).
- Place the chicken on a baking tray and cook the chicken in the oven for 45 minutes to 1 hour or until fully cooked through.
- Serve the chicken and sweet potato wedges with your favourite salsa and a lemon wedge to garnish.