Serves: 4 | Cooking time: 30 mins + marination |
Difficulty: Not that hard
For the ultimate crowd-pleasing lunch or casual dinner simply marinate chicken breasts in Ottoman, let the chicken absorb the sunny Mediterranean flavours for a couple of hours or, ideally, overnight. Then BBQ the chicken for 5 minutes on each side. Serve with finely chopped Israeli salad and some tahini sauce on the side. The perfect healthy mid week dinner.
- Ottoman spice blend
- 3 large chicken breasts
- Olive oil
- 1 punnet of cherry tomatoes
- 2 Lebanese cucumbers or 1 large cucumber
- 2-3 spring onions
- 2 red capsicum
- 1 lemon
- Sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Pre-heat the grill to high heat. For the chicken marinade, in a mixing bowl, add 4 teaspoons of Ottoman, 5 tablespoons of olive oil and add salt to taste. Add the chicken and rub it all over with the marinade. Let the chicken marinate for at least 2 hours or overnight if possible.
- Meanwhile, finely chop the vegetables and toss in a salad bowl with plenty of olive oil, the juice of one lemon and salt and pepper to taste.
- Grill the chicken for around 5 minutes on each side or until fully cooked through.
- Serve the chicken with the salad and some tahini sauce on the side. You can also slice the chicken on a board into 2cm wide slices and serve over the salad for a rustic chicken salad.